Training at Nai
Since 2005 Nai has been delivering a select range of training courses for media professionals in Afghanistan. Our graduates work for a range of international and local television, radio and print media.
Nai Media Institute
Nai has recently established Nai Media Institute (NMI), which operates from Nai’s headquarters in Kabul. NMI offers a range of specialist short courses to upgrade your existing skills, or you can enrol in our newly introduced two year Diploma in Media Course.
Nai also provides a range of short courses for those who want to become media professionals and those in the industry who want to sharpen their skills:
- Journalism Essentials – the basics for those new to the industry
- Radio Journalism – for those who want to work in radio news
- Video Journalism Essentials – a course for budding video journalists
- Radio package production – for those who want to improve radio production skills
- Investigative journalism – for those who want to produce in-depth reports
NMI has a number of courses in development including media law and ethics, media management and media sales.
Our radio station in Kabul
In Kabul, Nai operates a licensed radio station, Nai Radio. This offers an opportunity for
trainees to build their skills as volunteers and contribute to the station’s 10 hours’ daily
programming in news and current affairs, music, health and poetry.
The Nai Graduate Club is a family network of successful working journalists from all over Afghanistan, who have taken Nai media courses in Kabul, Jalalabad, Mazar-i-Sharif, Herat, Kandahar and surrounding rural provinces since Nai Supporting Open Media was first established in 2005.